Learn how Atlassian’s enterprise architecture uses Zylo to encourage innovation and rapid growth while constantly rationalizing their application portfolio.
- industry: Software
- founded: 2008
- headquarters: Salt Lake City, Utah
- employees: 1250+
- Key Outcomes
- Develop a single source of truth for SaaS spend, contract details, and usage
- Optimize SaaS spend and adoption
- Increase value of Okta integration and increase security
Enabling Flexibility Within a Framework
Instructure embraces technology and fosters an environment that offers flexibility within a framework. They want employees to be equipped with technology that enables them to do their jobs better, but in a way that minimizes risk to the business and reduces any redundancies across technology solutions.
“We live and breathe technology at Instructure. Product and engineering are part of who we are,” said Gordon Atkin, VP of Enterprise Systems at Instructure. “We oversee the larger systems that support the company and we need tools like Zylo to manage our software costs and utilization as we continue to grow.”
Full SaaS Visibility to Drive License Optimization
Instructure implemented Zylo to get full visibility into the SaaS sprawl, do a deep utilization analysis into strategic applications, and ultimately create a renewal management platform to help control costs and proactively manage subscriptions.
With Zylo, all technology subscriptions are behind one pane of glass and include spend, contract information, and license utilization in one dashboard. This provides:
- Visibility: View login detail within Zylo, as a SaaS system of record, to understand spend and utilization across all SaaS applications.
- Insights to Drive Optimization: Understand how each application is being used and what value it is driving internally. The utilization detail is used to proactively collaborate with business owners who own software deployments. With the utilization detail, Instructure drives renewal processes and can redeploy underutilized licenses or save money on apps that aren’t being utilized.
- Increased Okta Value: By tapping into the Okta utilization data, Instructure pulls more value out of the Okta platform beyond Identity/Security and we have a roadmap of applications to bring behind Okta in the future.
Carta deploys Zylo SaaS Management to contain and control SaaS costs, rightsize licenses and users, and enter renewal negotiations more informed.
Learn how Showpad ditched its spreadsheet-based approach in favor of smarter, simpler, and more effective SaaS Management with Zylo.
Learn how Moz uses Zylo’s SaaS Management platform to identify duplicate and redundant applications and manage their SaaS vendors and contracts.